IBC History

1895 ~ The church was organized as Second Baptist Church and a sanctuary was built on our present site

1902 ~ The name was changed to West Paris Baptist Church.

1920 ~ A lot was purchased on the corner of Bonham Street and 15th SW and an open air tabernacle was constructed and a formal opening was held on March 19th.

1924 ~ The name of our church was changed to Immanuel Baptist Church.

1931 ~ An education building was constructed in front of the existing sanctuary.

1950 ~ An education building was constructed behind the old sanctuary.

1958 ~ Our present sanctuary was constructed and a formal opening was held on March 9th.

1976 ~ On property behind the sanctuary, a new building for educational space, fellowships, and receptions was erected.


1982 ~ Eight classrooms and an assembly area were added to the present Fellowship Hall.

1994 ~ The church enters into the “United We Build” campaign with a vision of building a new Education and Activities Center to replace the existing structure.

2002 ~ The Love building was erected by volunteers from our church and the community.  The building was dedicated in May of 2002

2011 ~ 9.7 acres of land were purchased on NE Loop 286 with long range plans of building a new worship facility.